Host Serena Blaiz surveys reactions to the news that President Obama commuted Chelsea Manning’s sentence. Jeff Paterson, co-founder of the Chelsea Manning Support Network, talks about the 7 year support campaign, and James M. Branum, with the Military Law Task Force, answers some questions about the commutation, and considers what Chelsea and her supporters should expect in the next few months.
- Looking Back on 6 Years of Fighting for Chelsea Manning – by CMSN co-founder Rainey Reitman
- Democracy Now! Coverage, Jan. 18, 2017 – Amy Goodman interviews Chase Strangio and Nancy Hollander
- The Young Turks coverage, Jan. 17, 2017 – Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygur
- Center for Conscience in Action statement, Jan. 17, 2017
- New York Times story, Jan 17, 2017 – by Charlie Savage